MIAMI (CBSMiami) – One of the hottest Halloween haunts in South Florida is Coconut Grove where ghouls and goblins scour the streets at the annual gathering that brings big crowds and plenty of craziness.
In anticipation of the crowds, the Miami Police Department will have additional officers on patrol in the area to ensure the overall safety of those just looking to have a good time.
If you plan on going to Coconut Grove on Halloween night, be sure to follow all pedestrian laws and don’t block vehicular traffic on the streets.
In addition, police will not allow people to have bottles or cans in public rights of way.
There are also road closures that take affect at 7:30 pm on October 31st:
- Grand Ave. will be closed from Matilda Street to Mary Street.
- Mary Street will remain open for north and south bound traffic
- South Bayshore Drive will be closed to south bound traffic at Mary street (local traffic only)
- Main Highway closed to north bound traffic at Commodore Plaza (local traffic only). North bound traffic will be routed westbound on Commodore Plaza.
- East bound traffic on Commodore will be routed south bound on Main Highway.
- Virginia Street closed to south bound traffic at Florida Ave. and will be routed east bound.
- Fuller Street will be closed at Grand Ave and Main Highway