MIAMI (CBSMiami) – As Miami-Dade Schools Superintendent Alberto Carvahlo welcomed students back to school, Monday, he made sure to connect with parents on another platform.
Carvahlo took to Twitter to document every step of the way.
The tweets began early in the day.
Here are the tweets as they hit Carvahlo’s Twitter feed.
- “It’s 5 a.m. and I just had breakfast with our fantastic bus drivers. Great to see hundreds of yellow school buses.”
- “Had first Cuban coffee of the day. More to come.”
- “Twenty three thousand teachers ready to inspire 365k students.”
- “A healthy breakfast is essential to effective learning. All Miami-Dade schools offer free breakfast to all students, no questions asked.”
- “I’m on a yellow school bus on my way to iCode and iTech academies at Miami Springs Sr.”
After hopping around to a few schools, student’s comments were incorporated into the tweets.
- “Best kid comment so far: “mister, do we get food here?” Yes, we feed both mind and body.”
- “After being introduced to a 2nd grader as the principal’s “big boss”, he looks at me and says “Can you gives us big recess?”
- “High school student question: “Sir, how do I get a job like yours?” Answer: “Glad you asked. Become a teacher”
- “6th grade wisdom at Andover Middle: “So what’s different about middle school?” Boy’s answer: “girls are taller than me.”
The busy day really hit home with one particular tweet.
- “Pre-K wisdom: jealousy is walking into a Pre-K class during nap time after you’ve been up since 4 a.m.”
To go to Carvahlo’s Twitter page, click here.