MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) – A seven-month-old Florida boy, after consuming a liquid laundry packet, has died.

This is the first death since the first reported exposure case in May 2012, said the Florida Poison Information Center. The American Association of Poison Control Centers says national data for this year has not yet been complied.

However, this kind of poisoning death has not been reported in prior years.

The boy, according to Kissimmee police, was taken from a shelter for abused women to the hospital Friday afternoon after he was pronounced dead.

Police declined to release further information citing the ongoing investigation. No charges have been filed. The Florida Department of Children and Families had prior history with the family of Michael Williams, but officials declined comment.

(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE