Pompano Beach Firefighters Rescue Four-Legged Friend
Get Breaking News First
POMPANO BEACH (CBS Miami) – Firefighters typically rush into burning buildings to help people, but sometimes those in need are four-legged friends.
When Pompano Beach Fire Rescue arrived at an apartment fire at 500 East McNab Road Sunday morning, they found a mattress had caught fire.
The apartment’s tenant was at work at the time, but her two cats were inside.
One of them got out safely, but the other was rescued by firefighters and then received some extra attention by firefighters.
The cat reportedly had burned paws and at first appeared lifeless.
However, after CPR and oxygen, the cat, named Pumpkin, began breathing on its own.
Pumpkin is now being treated at an emergency hospital in Oakland Park and is expected to be okay.
The fire is under investigation and no other apartments were damaged.