Glee Star Died Of Heroin & Alcohol Overdose

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — A coroner says ‘Glee’ actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

The British Columbia coroner’s office says in a statement Tuesday that “there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most tragic accident.”

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was “lucky to be alive.”

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Miami

Adopt-A-Family For The Holidays
Precious Pets

Listen Live