Roadwork Begins Monday On Collins Avenue
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Driving along a section of Collins Avenue is about to get a bit more challenging.
Beginning Monday construction will get underway between 5th Street and Lincoln Road.
During the project pedestrian ramps will be rebuilt and sidewalks will be extended. This will eliminate about 70 parking spaces.
Other items on the agenda include:
- Improving the drainage system throughout the corridor
- Installing a new traffic signal on Collins Avenue at 12 Street
- Providing new left turn lanes at intersections from 5 Street to 15 Street and lengthening the southbound left turn lane at 5 Street
- Installing audible pedestrian signals on Collins Avenue at 7 Street and 10 Street
- Installing new electronic signs at 16 Street and Lincoln Road, advising motorists to stop when cars are turning left
- Installing new street lighting
- Installing new landscaping within the sidewalk extensions
- Installing new signage and pavement markings, including shared lane markings advising motorists of cyclists
- Repaving and restriping the roadway between 5 Street and 16 Street
The $6.3 million project is scheduled to be completed by the summer of 2014.