MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Miami Hurricanes football team will not leave the state of Florida until October 17 in the upcoming 2013 season. The Canes’ schedule was revealed Thursday by the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hurricanes will play just four teams that were at least .500 or better last season, meaning the Canes could be set up to make a good run at an ACC Championship game, assuming the Canes are eligible.
Miami will open the season against the Florida Atlantic Owls at Sun Life Stadium. The quick tune-up game will come just before the Canes head on the road to Gainesville to face the University of Florida Gators.
After the epic clash with the Gators, the Canes return home to play perennial Football Bowl Subdivision scheduling doormat, Savannah State. The Tigers opened their season last year against Oklahoma State and Florida State, losing by a combined score of 129-0.
Miami then hits the road for a game against the University of South Florida before starting conference play against Georgia Tech on October 5. The Canes’ first true road game outside of Florida is on Thursday, October 17 and comes at North Carolina.
The Hurricanes return home from the Carolina game to play Wake Forest on October 26. Then on November 2, the Canes have their annual grudge match against the Florida State Seminoles in Tallahassee.
Miami comes back home to play Virginia Tech and then the next week the Canes head back on the road to play at Duke. The Blue Devils game on November 16 precedes the home finale against the Virginia Cavaliers on November 23.
The Canes wrap up their season on a Friday in Pittsburgh against the Panthers.
The Miami Hurricanes complete schedule is below:
- Aug. 30 (Fri.) FLORIDA ATLANTIC Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Sept. 7 FLORIDA Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Sept. 14 -OPEN DATE-
- Sept. 21 SAVANNAH STATE Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Sept. 28 at USF Tampa, Fla.
- Oct. 5 GEORGIA TECH* Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Oct. 12 -OPEN DATE-
- Oct. 17 (Thu.) at North Carolina* Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Oct. 26 WAKE FOREST* Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Nov. 2 at Florida State* Tallahassee, Fla.
- Nov. 9 VIRGINIA TECH* Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Nov. 16 at Duke* Durham, N.C.
- Nov. 23 VIRGINIA* Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Nov. 29 (Fri.) at Pittsburgh* Pittsburgh, Pa.