MAIMI LAKES (CBSMiami) – Over 1,200 job positions will be up for grasp at a mega job fair Tuesday in Miami Lakes.
The event will be held at the Don Shula’s Hotel, 6842 Main St., Miami Lakes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The Miami Dolphins will be looking to fill jobs in selling tickets or promoting the team.
Employers including The Gap, Gold Coast Beverage, Aldi grocery stores, and Pollo Tropical will also be at the fair.
If you plan to attend, you should pre-register online at www.jobnewsmiami.com, print it out and bring it with you. Also bring plenty of resumes, about 50 should do.
If you plan to go:
• Dress for a Job Interview. Many of the companies will interview and even hire on the spot so you want to make a good first impression.
• Get Noticed By Applying Online. Pick out 5-10 companies from the list below that you are interested in working for and visit their website to apply online. If you receive a confirmation code or a print out of the application, bring it with you to show the company that you are especially interested in employment.
• Get Connected. Ask the hiring manager at each booth for a business card so you can follow up with them.
• Ask The Most Important Question. “When can I start?!”
Companies that will be attending:
• Brown Mackie College
• Catholic Cemeteries
• Continental Group
• Cox Media Group
• Damco Distribution Services
• DeVry University
• Drive Time
• Education Dynamics
• G & K Services
• Gold Coast Beverage Dist
• Hollywood Institute of Beauty
• IMA – Integrated Merchant Alliance
• Keolis Transit
• Miami Dolphins
• New York Life
• Northwestern Mutual – The South Florida Group
• Pollo Tropical
• Richard Marshall
• South FL Academy of AC
• Sullivan and Cogliano Training Centers
• The Art Institute
• Value Pawn