COOPER CITY (CBSMiami) – The Red Cross is assisting two women and their children after a fire heavily damaged their Cooper City townhouse.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue received a call just after 8 a.m. about the fire at 12230 SW 50th Place. Arriving firefighters found smoke and flames coming from three sides of the residence.
The two women, who are roommates, and their four children who lived in the townhome were able to get out safely. Paramedics treated two of the children for smoke inhalation, an eight year old boy was taken to Memorial Health West for evaluation. A pet dog died in the fire.
An adjoining townhouse had some smoke damage.
The owner of the townhouse, who just had a baby, said she didn’t have insurance.