MIAMI LAKES (CBSMiami) – Forty employers will be looking to hire hundreds of new employees at a mega job fair Thursday in Miami Lakes.
The event will be held at Don Shula’s Hotel and will take place between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The companies will be looking to fill jobs in sales, management, cooks and servers, drivers, mechanics and housekeeping and more.
The Loews Miami Beach Hotel, for example, has more than 40 jobs in management, security, sales, cooks, housekeepers, servers and pool attendants, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
Flightstar Aviation is hiring people for aircraft quality control inspectors, mechanics for aircraft and sheet metal, avionics technicians and purchasers.
Borden Daily has over 100 openings for CDL Class A drivers, fleet mechanics, forklift operators, manufacturers and warehouse positions.
If you plan to attend, you should pre-register online at www.jobnewsmiami.com, print it out and bring it with you. Also bring plenty of resumes, about 50 should do.
If you plan to go:
• Dress For A Job Interview. Many of the companies will interview and even hire on the spot so you want to make a good first impression.
• Get Noticed By Applying Online. Pick out 5-10 companies from the list below that you are interested in working for and visit their website to apply online. If you receive a confirmation code or a print out of the application, bring it with you to show the company that you are especially interested in employment.
• Get Connected. Ask the hiring manager at each booth for a business card so you can follow up with them.
• Ask The Most Important Question. “When can I start?!”
Also, be sure to ask the hiring manager at each booth for a business card so you can follow up with them.
List of companies attending the job fair:
• Amscot Financial
• Borden Dairy Company
• Community Blood Centers
• Domino’s Pizza
• Education Dynamics
• Empire Today
• Enterprise Holdings
• Flightstar Aircraft Services, LLC
• G & K Services
• Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers
• Keller Center for Corporate Learning
• Keolis Transit America
• Loews Miami Beach Hotel
• Macy’s Inc
• Okey Dokey Grocery Markets
• One Blood
• Pollo Tropical
• Quality Custom Distribution Services
• Select Staffing
• Sullivan & Cogliano Training Center
• The Art Institutes
• The Check Cashing Store
• The Continental Group
• Washington Bancard
• Wireless Vision
The Sun Sentinel has contributed to this report.