Miami Beach Fire Dept. Collecting Goods For Victims Of Sandy
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – The Miami Beach Fire Department is collecting supplies for one of the New York neighborhoods devastated from Hurricane Sandy.
St. Mary Gate of Heaven in Queens is in need of many items to help those in the community.
All four Miami Beach Fire Stations (1051 Jefferson Avenue, 2300 Pine Tree Drive, 5303 Collins Avenue, and 6880 Indian Creek Drive) will be collecting the following items through Tuesday, Nov. 20. No clothing, toys or money will be collected.
You can also donate to Hurricane Sandy victims through CBS4’s donation page.
- non-perishable foods (canned food, baby food, anything that does not need to be refrigerated)
- cleaning supplies
- work gloves
- new packages of socks and underwear
- toiletries (toothpaste, tissues, soap, etc.)
- duct tape
- surgical masks
- paper towels
- heavy duty garbage bags
- baby supplies (diapers, wipes, formula, etc.)
- feminine products
- other items of this nature will be accepted