Giant Piece Of Construction Equipment Goes Up In Flames
Get Breaking News First
Neighbors 4 Neighbors
POMPANO BEACH (CBSMiami) – A large plume of thick smoke choked the skies over Pompano Beach Tuesday morning after a giant piece of construction equipment caught fire and erupted into a ball of flames.
Chopper 4 was over the scene at NW 30th Avenue and 1st Court around 7:45 a.m.
The large piece of equipment, a concrete grinding machine, was fully engulfed in flames in a vacant field; however, it didn’t take long for firefighters to put the fire out.
The firefighters extinguished the blaze before it spread to a nearby home and church.
It’s not known what sparked the flames.
The equipment received substantial damage.