Accused Lauderhill Child Molester Surrenders, Bond Set
South Florida Crime
LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) — After a manhunt across South Florida, accused child molester Tyrone Thomas has turned himself in to police.
Thomas appeared in bond court Friday where a judge set bond at $15,000.
Investigators said Thomas broke into a home in Lauderhill in the early morning hours on July 31st, and molested a 12-year old girl.
The girl’s mother said Thomas is a stranger to the family, and her daughter is struggling to cope with what happened.
“She’s like ‘Ma, ma’ and she’s crying,” the mother said. “She’s shaking.’There’s a man in the house. There’s a man in the house.'”
The mother said the attacker broke in through a bathroom window after removing a screen and using a chair to gain access.
The woman said her daughter no longer feels safe in her home.
“She keeps picturing this man standing over her, watching her,” the mother told CBS 4’s Carey Codd.
Detectives went door to door in the Broward Estates community where Thomas had been seen before. Detective Atina Beans said this was a random attack on a defenseless child.
Thomas is charged with Lewd and Lascivious Molestation of a Child between 12 -16 years old, and Burglary.