Road Closures Begin For Weekend Lauderdale Air Show
Get Breaking News First
FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – The new Lauderdale Air Show will soar over the waters off Ft. Lauderdale’s beach this weekend.
Beginning Wednesday, drivers near the beach will notice road closures as workers set up the Family Zone, Drop Zone and Sunrise Village.
Wednesday morning both directions of A1A were closed to traffic from Sunrise Boulevard to 14th Court. Also closes were the northbound lanes of A1A at the Sunrise Boulevard intersection from 9th Street to the intersection; the eastbound turn lanes at A1a and Sunrise Boulevard and the right turn/merge lane from A1A southbound to Sunrise Blvd. at A1A and Sunrise intersection
On Friday, the following roads will be closed beginning at 5 a.m:
- A1A northbound lanes from Vistamar to 9th Street become one lane southbound traffic and one lane northbound traffic (opposing traffic).
- Eastbound lanes of Sunrise Blvd. merge left into single right turn lane allowing for two-way traffic pattern within eastbound side near intersection.
- Eastbound lanes of Sunrise Blvd. from Breakers to A1A intersection become one lane each way (opposing traffic). Westbound traffic shifts back over to westbound lanes of Sunrise at Breakers intersection. Breakers intersection becomes three-way stop.
- New traffic pattern on northbound lanes of A1A leading into Sunrise intersection described above shifts to southbound lanes after median at 9th street and is forced to turn into the eastbound side of Sunrise Blvd. as two-way traffic
- A1A southbound from 9th Street to Vistamar
A1A northbound right turn lanes leading into A1A and Sunrise intersection
Saturday, April 28, 2012
5:00am – close 9th Street public vehicle access to A1A
5:00am – close Sunrise Lane, Breakers Ave. and N. Birch Road to public vehicle traffic except specific permit holders.
5:00am – close A1A northbound lanes from Vistamar to Sunrise Intersection
5:00am – close Sunrise Blvd eastbound lanes from NE 26th Avenue to A1A Intersection, becomes pedestrian traffic only
5:00am – close Sunrise Blvd westbound lanes from NE 26th Avenue to Breakers Ave; Westbound lanes changed to cross-flow traffic pattern (one lane each way, extra-wide where possible) vehicles with parking or restricted access permits only beyond NE 26th Avenue using the westbound lanes; watch access to Fire House
5:00am – Four way stop at Birch State Park entrance
5:00am – Three way stop at Breakers Ave.
5:00am – Access to Sunrise Blvd. from Sunrise Ct. is closed during event
Lauderdale Air Show
4:00pm – Access to A1A from 9th Street closed securely for overnight
7:00pm – Set opposing traffic pattern on Sunrise Blvd. opens to general public for access to business establishments between Sunrise Blvd. and 9th Street
Sunday, April 29, 2012
5:00am – Set opposing traffic pattern on Sunrise Blvd is reestablished for permit holders only
All other patterns and closures from Saturday, April 28th are maintained this day
7:00pm – Removal of all opposing traffic barriers from NE 26th Avenue on Sunrise Blvd to Breakers Ave. Sunrise Blvd. from NE 26th Avenue to Breakers open to local traffic only
Monday, April 30, 2012
5:00am – Sunrise Blvd. reopens from A1A intersection to NE 26th Avenue
5:00am – A1A reopens from Vistamar to the A1A/Sunrise intersection; exception is the two lanes to go straight at the intersection, they remain closed as they were on Wednesday and Thursday.
4:00pm – A1A reopens from Sunrise Blvd. intersection to 14th Ct.