PEMBROKE PINES (CBSMiami) – A Pembroke Pines family will have to find a temporary place to stay after a fire severely damaged their home.
The fire broke out just before 10 a.m. Sunday in a house at 11302 SW 4th Street. Pembroke Pines Fire Department spokesman Tom Gallagher said the fire started in a bedroom. The three people who live in the residence were able to get out safely.
Firefighters made quick work of putting out the flames. Gallagher there is a lot of smoke damage inside the home; he estimated the fire and smoke caused about $100,000 in damages.
The Red Cross is assisting the family. Gallagher said the cause of the fire has been deemed suspicious, but a fire investigator is looking into just how it started.