HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – A worker in Hialeah died Wednesday morning while removing debris from the roof of a building.
Hialeah Fire Captain Cesar Espinosa said the man had been contracted to clear the roof of a building in the 300 block of W 29th Street. While bringing down a metal gutter, Espinosa said the man accidentally hit a power line next to the building and was electrocuted.
The man’s body ended up at the base of a stairwell of the ladder which leads to the roof.
Police have not released the man’s name.