Casey Anthony Civil Trial Delayed
Casey Anthony Coverage
ORLANDO (CBSMiami) – If you were anxiously awaiting the civil trial of Casey Anthony on claims she defamed a woman as part of her daughter Caylee’s disappearance, you’ll have to wait until 2013. An Orlando ordered the trial date pushed back Tuesday.
Circuit Judge Lisa Munyon issued an order saying the trial will start just after New Years Day 2013, in the first week of the year.
After Caylee disappeared in the summer of 2008, Anthony told investigators that a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler. A woman with that name sued Anthony, claiming her reputation had been ruined.
During her murder trial, Anthony’s attorney told jurors that the baby sitter story was fabricated.
Anthony was acquitted last year of killing Caylee.
Both Anthony’s attorneys and attorneys for Gonzalez requested the trial postponement.
Anthony is serving a year of probation at an undisclosed location in Florida for an unrelated charge.