Homestead Man Accused Of Molesting And Battering Girls At Pool

HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) – Against the advice of his attorney, 36-year-old James Roberts seemed to pour his heart out to a bond court judge Monday, saying the allegations that he inappropriately touched young girls at a pool were untrue.

Miss, this is a tragic misunderstanding and believe me I have never had a problem with coming to court and I never will. And I will come and fight this whole case vigorously as I possibly can,” said Roberts.

He asked the judge to release him from jail so he can go home to his son and other family members.

I’m just hoping you’ll be a little lenient and allow me to be able to be with my family,” said Roberts.

The judge denied Roberts bond.

Investigators say the incidents happened Sunday afternoon at the clubhouse pool of the gated Waterstone community in Homestead at 4002 Waterstone Way. The girls’ parents were there.

Homestead Police say Roberts was playing around with the girls at the pool and even had one of them on his shoulders at one point to play a game of chicken. But police say he took advantage of them by touching four of their buttocks and molesting a nine-year-old.

Neighbors can’t believe this happened at their community pool.

That’s horrible. Yeah I bring my little ones to the pool. That’s horrible to be honest with you, that’s horrible,” resident Maurcio Porven told CBS4’s Natalia Zea.

Neighbors also wonder why Roberts, whose listed address is five miles away was in this pool in the first place.

This area is very family-oriented. Just to get in here you have to get approved- credit check, background check so the fact that he got in this area is kind of astounding,” said resident Kevin Dimurro.

They’re glad Roberts is locked up.

“I don’t know what I’ll do if that happens to one of my kids,” said Porven.

“What would you say to him if he was here right now?” asked Zea.

“I don’t want to say that on TV to be honest with you. I don’t want to say that on TV,” Porven laughed.

Roberts has been charged with four counts of battery and one count of lewd molestation of a minor.

He is already on probation for carrying a concealed weapon.

Comments

1. poorwhiteboy says:

WACK his WEENY off.

2. randrand says:

I ONCE WAS ASSAULTED BY A GORGEOUS PLAYBOY BUNNY BY A POOL–SHE TRIED TO SIT ON ME–(HUMPTY-DUMPTY)

1. gary says:

She tried, but you resisted, didn’t you Nancy Boy

3. Daimen Bokk says:

Sounds like normal guy playing with the kids and some sick person turned normal actions into sex play. How many times has a parent touched the buttocks of your kid, is that sexual, hell no.And now putting a kid on your shoulders is sexual? playing Chicken is now a crime? If he really did sexual things, then lock him up, but if it was just normal play, leave the poor guy alone.

1. gary says:

Why don’t you invite him over to play with your kids? “How many times has a parent touched the buttocks of your kid..” the answer is ZERO, and if it happened, it would be ONCE since that parent would need medical attention while being arrested. If this is a normal guy, maybe you’re blind.

4. Duh says:

What was he doing in a pool he wasn’t supposed to be in playing with other people’s children? Sounds like a molester to me. What kind of guy jumps in a pool and physically touches anyone’s kids? I don’t know where that would be appropriate. If some guy had his hands on my kids I’d be pretty damn upset. Wouldn’t anyone be?

5. camrydiva says:

why in the hell the parents did’t beat the brakes off his ASS!!!!

6. UPSET DAD! says:

IN MY OPINION, THIS SICK GUY SET HIS OWN SELF UP AND HAD THE ARREST COMING TO HIM. THE IDIOT SOUNDS LIKE A DUMB INDIVIDUAL WHO DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED. HOWEVER, CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE PARENTS WHO WOULD EVEN ALLOW AN ADULT MALE TO EVEN GET CLOSE TO THEIR DAUGHTERS? ALLEGATIONS ARE KIND OF QUESTIONABLE AND IF SO PARENTS SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AS WELL!!!

7. Real Facts says:

The media can twist things around. I know the man. He is not a sexual predator. He lives in the complex, not 5 miles away as was mentioned. He knew of the girls because he takes his child to the kiddie pool. He was was swimming in the adult pool. Why did the parents not take their kids to the kiddie pool? I work with kids, and you have to be careful on how you lead them into saying or believing what you think happened. He is dumb for playing with the kids in this sick world where individuals take advantage of innocent children. You leave yourself open.