Former P.E. Director Pleads Not Guilty To Sex Abuse
Get Breaking News First
Legislative Session Coverage
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Paul Mira, a former PE director at a Miami-Dade private school, entered a not guilty plea Friday to charges that he molested two students.
Mira, 29, worked at Archimedean Middle-Conservatory – Archimedean Upper Conservatory on SW 72nd Street.
He’s charged with sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl and having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old. Both allegedly happened in 2011.
The arrest warrant dealing with the 17-year-old victims states that “while the defendant was aware he was being sought by police, he maintained telephonic contact with the 17-year-old victim, and even met her in person. The defendant told the 17 year old victim that he didn’t know if he should take his life and the life of the 12 year old female student. The 17-year-old reported this apparent threat to the brother of the 12-year-old victim.”
Miami-Dade police said Mira attempted to flee after being charged in the first case and was eventually arrested in Polk County.
Mira faces a total of seven charges and had previously been given a bond of $140,000.