KEY LARGO, Fla. (CBS4/AP) — Two men were discovered dead inside a boat and may have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities in the Florida Keys said.

According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, two Fort Lauderdale men were found dead Friday morning inside a boat on a trailer at the Pilot House Marina in Key Largo.

The sheriff’s office reports that a portable generator was found in the boat’s engine compartment.

According to the sheriff’s office, the men had no visible injuries but their skin was reddish-pink in color, a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning. Detectives said there was no sign of foul play.

Autopsies are pending.

(© 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Miami

What Are People Talking About?
Weather Forecast 24/7Check for current temps and what to expect throughout the day

Watch & Listen LIVE