KEY LARGO, Fla. (CBS4/AP) — Two men were discovered dead inside a boat and may have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities in the Florida Keys said.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, two Fort Lauderdale men were found dead Friday morning inside a boat on a trailer at the Pilot House Marina in Key Largo.
The sheriff’s office reports that a portable generator was found in the boat’s engine compartment.
According to the sheriff’s office, the men had no visible injuries but their skin was reddish-pink in color, a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning. Detectives said there was no sign of foul play.
Autopsies are pending.
(© 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)