MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Sunday is Christmas Day but the official holiday is Monday December 26th.
Here’s an easy look at what is open and closed Friday and Monday, the day after Christmas.
• Federal offices: Closed Monday.
• State offices: Closed Friday and Monday.
• Miami-Dade and Broward County offices: Closed Monday.
• Miami-Dade and Broward courts: Closed Monday.
•Garbage collection: Miami-Dade: No trash pick-up on Monday, but scheduled recycling pick-up will take place. Broward: Regularly scheduled trash and recycling pick-up on Monday.
• Miami-Dade and Broward libraries: Closed Monday.
• Miami-Dade public schools: Closed all week.
• Broward public schools: Closed all week.
• Banks: Closed Monday.
• Stock markets: Closed Monday.
• Postal service: No deliveries, post offices closed Monday (Express Mail will be delivered)
• Miami-Dade and Broward transit: Will run a Sunday schedule on Christmas Day; regular schedules on Monday.
• Tri-Rail: Weekend schedule on Christmas Day; regular schedule on Monday.
• Malls: Open Monday.