ORLANDO (CBS4) — The Casey Anthony case is making headlines again due to a tabloid newspaper headline.
The Orlando meter reader who found 2-year-old Caylee Anthony’s remains has filed a lawsuit against a tabloid newspaper for defamation.
Roy Kronk filed the lawsuit Thursday against the National Enquirer over a headline the tabloid ran in December 2009 that said “Meter reader killed Caylee.”
In smaller type, the headline read “Casey Anthony says.”
The lawsuit seeks over $15 million.
Casey Anthony was acquitted last month of murdering her daughter, Caylee, and she was released from jail. She currently is serving probation in Florida for unrelated check fraud charges.
Kronk found Caylee’s remains about five months after the toddler disappeared in the summer of 2008.
(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)