Red Light Cameras Go “Live” At Five Coral Springs Intersections
CORAL SPRINGS (CBS4) – Lights, Camera…Fine, well, at least not for another month.
Cameras at nearly half a dozen Coral Springs intersections began snapping pictures Monday of drivers who ran red lights. The active intersections include:
- Southbound at University Drive and Riverside Drive
- Northbound and Southbound at University Drive and Ramblewood Drive
- Northbound and Southbound at University Drive and Shadow Wood Blvd.
- Northbound at University Drive and Royal Palm Blvd.
- Eastbound at Sample Road and Riverside Drive
Signs are posted at intersections with the cameras to inform drivers.
Click Here for more information on Coral Springs’ red-light cameras.
Vehicles that pass the stop line after the light turns red will be captured in two photos and a video clip. A police officer trained in red-light camera enforcement will then look over the images and decide whether or not a violation has occurred. Those caught on camera running red lights will receive warnings for the next 30 days. On September 14th, the city will begin issuing fines of $158 to the vehicle’s registered owner.
Violators have 30 days to pay the fine or challenge it in court. If not paid within 30 days, it is then considered a standard traffic infraction and the fine is beefed up to $263.
The city intends to install red-light cameras at seven intersections by the year’s end.