Gas Leak Interrupts Games At Coconut Creek Casino
Get Breaking News First
COCONUT CREEK (CBS4) – Some South Florida gamblers had their game interrupted Wednesday morning when the Seminole Casino in Coconut Creek was evacuated due to a gas leak.
A construction crew working on the property, located at 5550 NW 40th Street, severed a 4-inch gas main with an excavating machine.
More than 200 people were evacuated from the construction site as well as the casino while crews gained control of the situation.
Hazardous Materials Teams from BSO Fire Rescue and Ft. Lauderdale Fire Rescue assisted Margate Fire Rescue stop the leak, which took about an hour. Once the leak was capped, gamblers were allowed back into the casino once it was deemed safe.
No injuries were reported.