Job Seekers Attend ALDI Job Fair In Miami
MIAMI (CBS4)- The discount grocery store chain ALDI held a job fair in Miami Wednesday and they were looking to hire cashiers, shift managers, and store manager trainees for all current South Florida stores, as well as new stores opening later this year.
The job fair was held at the Kendall Hotel & Suites located at 9100 Southwest 88th Street in Miami. The job fair, which began at 6 a.m. and concluded at 6 p.m.
There are a few requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be available to work anytime between 6am and 10pm
- Retail experience preferred
- Management experience preferred for Manager Trainees
- Drug Screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds required
Part time staff working at least 20 hours a week receives full health insurance, dental coverage and 401K, the company said.
Typically discount grocery stores are smaller, have few brand names and shoppers have to bag their own groceries. And while they may not have fancy bakeries or deli counters, shoppers can find items like canned vegetables for under 50-cents.
ALDI is also able to keep prices low by selling private label brands meaning the brands are specific to those stores.
ALDI has more than 1,100stores in 30 states.
For a list of store locations, click here.