Woman Accused Of Stabbing Son Denied Bond

PALM BEACH – (CBS4) – A woman accused of stabbing her 12-year-old son was denied bond Saturday morning.

Margarita Obando, 45, has a history of mental illness and on Saturday cried before the judge as he ruled against giving her any monetary bond.

For now, she will remain behind bars at a Palm Beach County jail.

Palm Beach County Sheriff’s officials say Obando was arrested in Palm Beach – after her son called 911 for help early Friday morning.

The events unfolded at about 7 a.m. when authorities say the child awoke with his mother standing over him, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, which quoted the probable cause affidavit.

The child’s mother allegedly told the child, “I am going to kill you. I don’t want you to hurt anyone.”

An hour later, authorities were called to her home on the 2500 block of 10th Avenue near Lake Worth.

Her son called 911 for help and when deputies arrived they found the boy had suffered stab wounds “several times in the chest,” the sheriff’s office spokeswoman Teri Barbera told the newspaper. The child is in stable condition at the hospital.

(The South Florida Sun-Sentinel contributed to this report.)

1. michellefrommadison says:

Her mental history will likely be her defense. She’ll be out in no time at all. Hope the son behaves better now and that he learned a valuable lesson.

1. Gina says:

Are you just an idiot or seriously have mental health issues? You hope the son behaves better?! No child should have to go through any form of abuse let alone being stabbed by his own mother!! Keep your stupid comments to you self.

1. michellefrommadison says:

When you graduate college Gina and have professionals degrees, maybe then you will see how incorrect and unrealistic and so far from knowing even the basics of Psychology you actually are.

2. Meg says:

Are you insane???????

1. michellefrommadison says:

Yes Meg, very like that Gina may be insane.

3. South Beach Guy says:

This comment makes no sense. Has nothing to do with the story.

1. michellefrommadison says:

Takes a higher-education to fully understand, so you’re out of the loop on that SBG. Sorry. 😦

4. Dianna says:

And what do you have a degree in? “STUPIDITY” Lets hope you don’t or ever have any children. I would hate to think what you would think is appropriate punishment. Why don’t you try reading the story correctly before you open your pie hole! Story states CHILD WOKE UP TO MOM STANDING OVER HIM WITH A KNIFE. IT DOES NOT STATE THE THE CHILD DID ANYTHING WRONG TO HIS MOTHER. SINCE WHEN IS IT APPROPRIATE TO STAB ANYONE ANYWAYS YOU MORON!!!!

1. michellefrommadison says:

Yes Dianna I agree with you that you may be a moron like you claim to be. Still though, the kids likely deserved the actions. Stabbing of another is legal if done in self-defense, but that takes an ability to understand the basic concepts of Law to understand. Sorry D. 😦

5. Michelle's Ex says:

I love you michelle. You’re my idol. Nothing better to do than post comments. Are you lonely? I see why.

2. Sellous says:

This is what is taking place in America,

These women are crazy and sick in the head, they are the ones who start the violence then call the police on men, and guess what? we the men always get the wrong.

Soon you hear that it was the 12 year old who caused it.

Them feminist groups must find a way to defend her.

This is so terrible

3. Debbie says:

She had a history of mental instability, according to Sheriff’s Office reports.

In 2009, she agreed to go to the South County Mental Health Center in Delray Beach after deputies responded to a call of a mentally disturbed person. Her husband said at the time that she was depressed and was talking about death. Last year, Obando attempted to jump from a friend’s car as they were driving to the mental health center. She was taken there for treatment.
    Mentally ill and still has custody of her son. Figures in Florida that DCF allows lunatics to continue raising their children

4. Carol says:

If this woman has a history of mental problems why did she still have a child in her home this sounds like this a bomb ready to go off at any time and it did and look who paid the innocent child.

I simply don’t understand what is going on in thi s society to allow her to have a young child around her.

1. michellefrommadison says:

This issue clearly requires more than a kindergarten-education level to understand. Perhaps you can discuss it with, maybe, a fifth grader to help get you up to speed. 🙂

5. Sellous says:

This does not require any education, just common sense, a woman who is mentally deranged should not have custody or allowed to be with a child unsupervised.

If this was a man he would be away from that child for life, the system is wicked, brutal and bias against men. The judicial system bows to these feminist groups as a result men are always denied their rights. This is Wickedness.

Just the other day a woman shot her husband to death and got out of jail by posting bond. what is wrong America?, why are we treating people differently base on race and gender?

My estranged wife came to my work place, verbally bused and threatened me with all kinds of profanities, went and made a false report, no one listened to my side of the story, grand jury just heard her side, and that was good enough to get me arrested and put in jail without bond. I did not even touch that woman.

Even when the State Attorney’s Office found out that she was the aggressor, they still pursued with the charges wanting to get a conviction, if it wasn’t for the Good Lord above, Judge Bagley, Judge Haig and Guy Robinson a wonderful Public Defender I would be in prison thirty years to life, for a crime I did not commit.

We need to stop destroying the lives of people just to please these hate groups that are terrible against men.

No man should ever hit a woman, neither should a woman hit a man, that is a NO! NO! so whenever it is determined that a woman is telling lies on a man or a man is doing the same, that person without regard for sex, should be sent too jail for a long time such false accusation.

Again I say these women are sick in the head, especially my African American women, they are violent, abusive, and ready to tell lies, as they know that system is backing them all along, it matters not if they telling truth or lies. The more men accused as domestic abusers, the more money they make.

Who feels it knows it!

If you all doubt me in any way, request a copy of my arrest record and you’ll see exactly what I am so mad.

I just thank God I learn to forgive, even though it haunts me every day.