Margate Teen Killed In Crash

CORAL SPRINGS – (CBS4) -An 18-year-old man died early Sunday as he traveled north on Interstate 95.

Florida Highway Patrol officials say Miguel Angel Tabora, of Margate, lost control of his 2002 Honda Civic and crashed against a concrete barrier wall near Rock Island and Sample Road sometime about 3 a.m.

The impact caused the car to overturn and the driver was ejected. Officials noted in their report that Tabora was not wearing a seatbelt.

Meanwhile, friends and family members spent Sunday putting together a makeshift memorial at the site of the crash.

Friends say Tabora aspired to be a television host and he was already working toward that goal. He was the voice of the morning announcements at Coral Springs High School.

But those dreams ended in a car crash on I-95.

“Always nice,” Classmate Sara Grignon said about Tabora. “Always there to give you a smile – even on a bad day if you’re feeling down, he’s always there.”

More than 100 friends and classmates turned out for a candlelight vigil to honor Miguel’s memory.

“Miguel was such a generous person. His kindness went out to everyone and everyone knew him. That’s why we’re hugging it out,” said his friend Claritza Cruz.

His parents were touched by the outpouring of love for Miguel.

“He said, ‘I’m going to a birthday party.’ He went. I said come home early so we can go to church. He said, ‘Yes mom’ and he went to the Lord earlier,” said Teodora Dole, Tabora’s mother.

Officials are investigating the exact cause of the crash.

(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Nataly A. Lynam says:

R.I.P Miggy. We love & Miss you soooo muchh. I love you.❤
    \

2. cristian cabral says:

we will mis you 4 ever miguel

3. Luis Bonilla says:

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GOES OUT TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

4. mary says:

I think the memorial may be at Rock Island and Sample, where Coral Springs High is. But that is no where near I-95. So where was the crash?

5. Erik Boyzo says:

Miguel i don’t know why things like this happens. this time God really took a good man to be by his side.. We your friends and especially your family are going to Remember you for always and forever. you maybe be gone BUT your always well be in our hearts R.I.P Muscle Man Miguel a true Colt!!

6. Teodora Dole says:

Hi I am Miguel’s Mom..my baby was driving in I-95 coming from a birthday party
    His viuing at :

GRACE FUNERAL HOME AT 4;30 TO 8:30 PM ON WEDNESDAY
    A SERVICE ON THURSDAY 12:00 NOON
    AT “CHRISTIAN LIFE CENTER ON TAMARAC, ON COMERTIAL BLVRD.

WE ARE INVITING EVERY FRIEND THAT KNEW MY SON,,BECAUSE HE LOVE PEOPLE ,FAMILY AND FRIENDS..
    REMEMBER HIM AS A HUGER,CARRING, KIND YOUNG MAN,
    I HAD THE JOY OF BEING HIS MOM, NOW I HAVE THE PEACE THAT HE IS WITH MY and HIS LORD JESUS CHRIST, BECAUSE ,MIGUEL LOVE JESUS ,AND JESUS IS IN HIS HEART. FOR EVER.THAT IS WHY HE REFLECTED GOD’S LOVE TO ALL.
    THANK YOU ALL.

7. X says:

There was no ‘God’ involved, he just shoulda worn his seatbelt. Physics > God, everytime.

1. Jay says:

l god has reason for everything he does …rip. Miguel I love you so much and I looked up to you more than anybody ells in this planet..sucks not seeing you at school.we will all miss you. God bless your family. Go muscle man miguel !!!<3

8. Rodin Celidor says:

Love you brah

9. Vianca I. Gonzalez says:

your really gonna be missed more than you ever know rest in paradice miguel ima see you again one day praying for your family

10. Lutrease starling says:

We love you miguel we all know now that you will always be with us you were a very good person now you’re an very good angel hugs & kisses
    I love you

11. Kaitlyn Simak says:

you were such a great guy, when i found out i was shocked. even though i knew the day of it really honestly hit me today that your gone. i keep thinking the day we met, the conversations we had, and the hugs we shared. Sleep well with the angels, we love you! i love you!

12. Avi says:

You were the nicest kind in the whole world yo! You were too good for this world, so God decided to carry you out into the next life. We’ll catch up with you some day.

13. Emmanuella Beaucicot says:

Damn I still cant believe that your not around anymore.. I wish I could just go back to elementary and middle school to the good old days when you were still here. I thought we were going to live forever, I guess all good things do have to come to an end but your life was too precious to be taken from you. Now you chillin wit superman and all of the other angels that were taken from us. You will liveon forever in my heart Miguel. Each day that passes by is one day closer to seeing you again. It’s hard to say goodbye to a dear friend so I’ll just say later, cause I know that we will meet up in heaven one day. You will be truly missed and you are most definatly loved. R.I.P Miguel Angel Tabora

14. Nareema says:

Goodbye Miguel….thank you for being who you were.❤ We'll all miss you.

15. Erica Blankenship says:

Wow what an amazing young man you grew to be. Loved, adored and cherished by everyone you touched. When I first met you, you were only three years old and I think you had the biggest and brightest smile I had ever seen and little did I know a personality to match. As the years passed and I would see you at soccer games, Christmas in the park , Publix or even the Fort Lauderdale High School gym, you always took time to come over to me with that beautiful smile and a huge hug and say hi. I have taught many children over the last 20 years and some of them you know are just special. It truly gives me peace to see that in your very few 18 years you have truly touched so many. I know that they could all see what I saw. I wish I could tell you how proud and honored I am to say I was Miguel Tabora’s teacher and he touched my Life!!! Love your Preschool teacher, Ms. Erica