Two Killed When Car Slams Into Tree In Dania Beach

DANIA BEACH (CBS4) – An early morning crash in Dania Beach claimed two lives and sent a third person to the hospital.

The accident happened around 1 a.m. when a car slammed into a tree near Griffin Road and SW 40th Avenue. The force of the crash wrapped the car around the tree as parts of the vehicle exploded in all directions.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office said a 20-year old Berly Hyppolite and 19-year old Judith Jacques were killed on impact. The third person in the car, 20-year old Wilky Pierre-Rene, was able to crawl out of the wreckage. He was rushed to Memorial Regional Hospital, he’s expected to survive.

Pierre-Rene’s mother showed up at the crash scene and broke down into tears. She left soon afterward for the hospital to see her son.

Sheriff’s investigators say Hyppolite’s Nissan was traveling at a high rate of speed when he lost control. The vehicle spun counter clockwise, jumped the center median and slammed into the tree. The impact was on the passenger’s side of the vehicle and was so severe that the car was split in two.

Sheriff’s investigators have not said if alcohol may have played a role in the crash.

Comments

1. Jane Doe says:

When will these young adults learn that speed kills.

2. m says:

They will never learn.

Just this morning…there is hardly any room between the car in front of mine and there comes Speedy Gonzalez and squeezes in just to do the same thing to the car on the side to get ahead. PEOPLE SLOW DOWN!!!! If you need to be somewhere at a certain time, leave a little earlier.

1. Cesar M. Gonzalez says:

ARE YOU JOKING ????? PEOPLE IN SOUTH FLORIDA WILL NEVER SLOW DOWN……HERE, IT IS LIKE A FEVER TO SPEED AND KILL……THANK GOD THESE KIDS DID NOT KILL ANY INNOCENT PEOPLE……GOD BLESS THE FAMILIES……

1. Ashley Bruneus says:

what do u mean innocent people? My friend was in that crash.. They were all coming from work! Her name is Judith, and trust me when I say this, she is a wonderful girl, she never did anything wrong. They were all coming in from work.

3. Clay Renoit says:

HERE YOUNG ADULTS SEE COPS SPEEDING AND THINK ITS OK TO SPEED. COPS DO IT TOO. AND THEY TOO GET KILLED…TO JANE DOE SPEED DOES KILL……COPS NEED TO STOP SPEEDING BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE WATCHING. YOUNG KIDS AND OLD ALIKE….JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS AND SAY NO TO SPEEDING…….TWO THAT KILL….COPS ALSO DO NOT NEED A GUN. OTHER CITIES WITH THE SAME CRIMES AND COPS RETIRE AND NEVER PULL THERE GUN TO KILL. YOU CAN TAKE DOWN A ARMED MAN BUT IT TAKES WORK. SHOOTING TO JUST KILL IS NOT THE WAY. CAN’T BE LAZY. COPS IN OTHER CITIES ARE FIT/NOT FAT…HERE SHOOT AND OH WELL..

1. Jane Doe says:

If a cop is speeding to or from work then it is wrong and I do not agree with it. North Miami Beach Police Dpeartment’s officers are notorious for that. I have yet to see one driving to work on I-95 that is driving with traffic and not speeding past everyone. If they are at working it is a hard call as you do not know if they are going to a call where you don’t want to give a criminal warning that police are coming.
      As for guns police do need them. England for the longest time had unarmed constables as they call them over there but that has recently changed. It is not like it used to be as thugs are no longer afraid of police or going to jail. You should look at the number of battery on a police officer or resistance to arrest with violence charges and then you will see why tthey need to protect themselves. Police often pull people over in traffic stops with concealed weapons permits and they let the officer know they have a gun and then follow the officer’s orders. They have no problems.

1. jamin says:

Clay and Jane, i agree with you. i have seen cops speeding and not in an emergency, i have seen them break the rules like making u-turn that was not allowed in front of everybody’s eye including our young drivers who sees this as. “cool”. with regards this accident? remember the same accident happened at US-1(coral gables), two young boys also died. May they rest in peace.

2. South Beach Guy says:

Your comment is a joke. Really? This is your answer? It’s the fault of the police.

3. South Beach Guy says:

By the way, when have you EVER seen teenagers following the example of the police. OHHHH because they have guns so young people think they should carry them also. Maybe it’s all the drugs and alchole the police do. Thats why teenagers use them. Now I see.

You all must be so old you dont remember being young. Being a teenager is about testing life and pushing the limits. All young people do it. It’s natural. This was just a case of a very sad and bad ending to pushing the limits. This isnt something new. Kids have been doing this since forever.

1. Jane Doe says:

When I was young we did speed but not at the speeds these kids were driving. Then agaiin many of us did not have our own car as teenagers and drove our parents which were family cars and not sporty ones.

4. Michael Withrow says:

OMG, it is not the cops fault that people speed. If someone jumped off a bridge, would you do it because they were?

People have a direct choice as to how fast they drive and how much to drink before getting behind a wheel. Just be thankful that they didn’t kill anyone innocent.

5. Cesar M. Gonzalez says:

HERE WE GO AGAIN………AND NO ONE DOES A THING ABOUT THIS……HOW SAD THAT IT TAKES THE RISING PRICE OF GASOLINE TO SAVE LIVES……IT IS ESTIMATED THAT DOZENS OF PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES ARE ALIVE JUST BECAUSE OF THE GAS PRICES OF THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS…..
    EVERY TIME A YOUNG PERSON DIES, WE ALWAYS SAY THE SAME THING, YET THEY KEEP ON DYING…….THIS IS NEVER GOING TO END BECAUSE YOUNG PEOPLE WILL NOT LEARN……..HOW SAD……GOD BLESS THE FAMILIES…..

6. Phil Landers says:

Holy mackerel! Just reading these comments makes me fearful to go outside! What a cornucopia of ignorance and foolishness. I definitely live in an outdoor insane asylum. This is what goes on in the heads of the people around me?! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I try to leave some funny comments on here sometimes but these people are SERIOUS, Yikes!

7. Pierre says:

R.I.P Judith Jean-jacques. she is my best friend sister. its unbelievable!!!!…. David be strong i am behind you.

8. A Charger says:

Judith Jean-jacques Was A Great Person It Hurt To Hear This In School. She Was Always Calm, Collective && An A “A” Student Striving Just To Become Greater Than Before . She Always Had A Positive Mind She Was A GREAT Person, Before You Find The Need To Say Something Think About It Because If You Don’t Know Anything Don’t Put An Input (If You Have Nothing Good To Stay DON’T Say It At All) !!!!

9. Dro Baller says:

I agree with you A Charge, two people were killed in that car crash and all they wanna talk bout is ” thanks God they didnt kill anyone innocent ”,if y’all think their lives have less value than y’all because they were speeding then y’all wrong. I know Judith and she was a really good person. R, I, P my friend, see you in the other side.

10. D says:

This is very sad.. So young and their lives are over. The poor parents have to bury their young children because of something so stupid. Honestly, I think all cars should have something set that will not let people speed. I do it too but believe me I learned to slow down over the years. I just want to send my prayers to the family and allow them to heal their pain and sorrow from this tradegy. God Bless

11. s.nellly says:

Rip berly I loove you ,two people died in this accident and im olny hearing about one. SO htis goes out to the one i loved Berly . we teens are soo reckless and i learned from this , i wont make to same mistake IGET IT … i just wished you didnt have to die to prove a point love.