Oxygen Patient Burned While Smoking
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBS4) – When a Fort Lauderdale man reached for his morning smoke Monday, it was more than the cigarette that he lit up – it was himself as his oxygen tank blew.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue responded to the burn scene in the 600 block of SW 28th Terrace shortly after 7 a.m. to find that the man had been smoking a cigarette while on his oxygen machine when the machine exploded, burning him.
The unidentified victim was taken as a trauma alert to Broward General Hospital.
His condition remains unknown, according to Matt Little, spokesman for the City of Fort Lauderdale Fire-Rescue Department.