Oxygen Patient Burned While Smoking

FORT LAUDERDALE (CBS4) – When a Fort Lauderdale man reached for his morning smoke Monday, it was more than the cigarette that he lit up – it was himself as his oxygen tank blew.

Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue responded to the burn scene in the 600 block of SW 28th Terrace shortly after 7 a.m. to find that the man had been smoking a cigarette while on his oxygen machine when the machine exploded, burning him.

The unidentified victim was taken as a trauma alert to Broward General Hospital.

His condition remains unknown, according to Matt Little, spokesman for the City of Fort Lauderdale Fire-Rescue Department.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Miami

Adopt-A-Family For The Holidays
Join Us For Jonathan's Day!

Listen Live