Hollywood House Fire Kills Pets
HOLLYWOOD (CBS4) — A house fire in Hollywood has claimed the lives of several pets while the woman who lives there escaped without injury.
Hollywood Fire Department Spokesman Chief Mark Steele said the fire started in the kitchen of an apartment in the 2200 block of Fillmore Street.
It is not known how many animals perished at the scene of the blaze, but the veterinarian at the animal hospital, Dr. Ashley Mustakas, reported that some of the cats are in critical condition and was working on stabilizing them. The one dog that was taken there is in stable condition.