Broward Libraries Now Offer E-Readers
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBS4) – Several Broward County libraries are taking a step into the future of reading and offering electronic books, or e-books, for book lovers to check out.
Book lovers can reserve and borrow an Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook or a Sony electronic reader at select locations.
Those interested in borrowing an e-reader must have a valid library card and complete a request form to be placed on a waiting list.
When an e-reader is available, customers will be offered a one-time, per person chance to select a book to have downloaded to their reader for two weeks.
Customers who already have an e-reader of their own can also bring in their device and download books from the library’s Overdrive database. The database offers hundreds of digital books from self-help books to the classics.
The following library locations are offering the e-reader program:
• Deerfield Beach Percy White Branch: 837 E. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach • 954-360-1380
• North Regional/Broward College Library: 1100 Coconut Creek Blvd., Coconut Creek • 954-201-2600
• Northwest Regional Library: 3151 University Dr., Coral Springs • 954-341-3900
• South Regional/Broward College Library: 7300 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines • 954-201-8825
• Weston Branch: 4250 Bonaventure Blvd., Weston • 954-389-2098